Austin, O Austin, The bravest and best
Abilene School that ranks over the rest,
You hold our love and our loyalty;
Black and red colors are thrilling to see.
Brave Austin Raiders, We hail you with cheers;
We'll sing your praises on down through the years.
Our battles fairly at Austin are fought;
Truth, Honor, Courage sincerely are taught.
AUSTIN! RAIDERS! ARE THE BEST!
After 21 years as a middle school nurse, I moved last year to Austin Elementary. When I arrive on campus each day big smiles and outstretched arms greet me. Each morning I am treated to the daily announcements that begin with a full, upbeat song. Oldies with a sweet message like 'Don't worry, be happy now' or 'Oh, What a beautiful morning....' Then little voices lead me in the pledge to our US flag and the Texas Flag. And on Fridays we sing the school song with great enthusiasm!
Such a good move for this B-dub. I have laughed more and been so content here. Half as many children and the littles here are so sweet. Hugs and high fives and almost never an attitude. God has blessed me with this opportunity to end out my public school career serving precious young children. (and Darla Lorenz and Candy Scarborough were His helpers in getting me here.)
Lucky me!
www.abileneisd.org/schools/austin.asp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment